Wonderful World of Work: A Workbook for Asperteensby Jeanette Purkis Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 128 pages
- AU$44.99 NZ$43.47
Each chapter talks the teen through a different element of employment, including the benefits of having a job, why education is important, how to write a resume and succeed at job interviews, and the advantages and disadvantages of Asperger syndrome in the workplace. A variety of different industries and jobs are explored to encourage teens to begin to think about careers that might appeal to them and suit their skills and interests.
Full of practical information, engaging activities, funny illustrations and inspiring personal stories, this book gives Asperteens a positive image of what people on the autism spectrum can achieve and is an essential career guidance aid for parents, teachers and other autism professionals working with young adults.
1. Why Should You Go to Work?
2. What Kind of Work Do You Want to Do?
3. Your Own Unique Skills and Attributes – The Best Thing that You Have!
4. School, University, Skills and Work.
5. Getting the Most Out of Employment Services.
6. Working - What's Involved? And How Do You Get a Job?
7. Get that Job! (Includes CVs, Interviews and Referees).
8. Volunteering - The Giving Keeps on Giving - to You!
9. Different Kinds of Jobs.
10. How to Gain Spectacular Skills for the Workplace.
11. Joy and Elation at Workplace Communication!
12. Ooh, Scary and Exciting! Starting a New Job.
13. Help for Employees on the Autism Spectrum.
14. What in the World is Workplace Relations?
15. Trouble at Work! What Do I Do?
16. Being Brilliant in your Own Business.
17. Getting Ready to Go for It!