Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year: Behavioral Healthby Jill Cavalet Springer Publishing Company
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 214 pages
- AU$63.00 NZ$66.09
The first pocket-size resource to guide PA students through their behavioral health rotation
Prepare for and thrive during your clinical rotations with the quick-access pocket guide series, The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year. The Behavioral Health edition of this 7-volume series delineates the exact duties required in this specialty.
Written by an experienced PA educator, this guide details the clinical approach to common presentations such as anxiety, depression, and substance use disorders. It also provides a systems-based approach to 40 of the most frequently encountered disease entities you will see in this rotation, including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and personality disorders.
Distinguished by brief, bulleted content with handy tables and figures, the reference offers all pertinent laboratory studies, screening tools, and diagnostic criteria needed to confirm a diagnosis. This guide also describes the urgent management techniques you will learn during the behavioral health rotation, including suicide risk assessment, management of delirium tremens, and use of restraints.
- Provides a pocket-size overview of the PA behavioral health rotation
- Describes common clinical presentations and disease entities
- Offers a step-by-step approach to diagnosis and treatment planning
- Includes clinical pearls throughout
- Reflects the 2019 NCCPA PANCE blueprint
- Includes two bonus digital chapters! Three guided case studies to reinforce clinical reasoning plus 25 rotation exam-style questions with remediating rationales
Other books in this series:
The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine