Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year: Internal Medicineby David Knechtel and Deborah Opacic Springer Publishing Company
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 368 pages
- AU$64.00 NZ$66.96
The first pocket-size resource to guide PA students through their internal medicine rotation
Prepare for and thrive during your clinical rotations with the quick-access pocket guide series, The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year. The Internal Medicine edition of this 7-volume series delineates the exact duties required in this specialty.
Written by experienced PA educators, this guide details the clinical approach to common presentations such as chest pain, dyspnea, and fever. It also provides a systems-based approach to more than 60 of the most frequently encountered disease entities you will see in this rotation, including cardiac arrhythmias, pneumonia, and hepatitis.
Distinguished by brief, bulleted content with handy tables and figures, the reference offers all pertinent laboratory and imaging studies needed to confirm a diagnosis, with medication and management guidelines. This guide also describes the most common procedures you will learn during the internal medicine rotation, including bone marrow aspirate and biopsy, lumbar puncture, and thoracentesis.
- Provides a pocket-size overview of the PA internal medicine rotation
- Describes common clinical presentations, disease entities, and procedures
- Offers a step-by-step approach to diagnosis and treatment planning
- Includes clinical pearls throughout
- Complements the 2019 NCCPA PANCE blueprint Includes two bonus digital chapters! Three guided case studies to reinforce clinical reasoning plus 25 rotation exam-style questions with remediating rationales
Other books in this series:
The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year:
- Family Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Behavioral Health