Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year: Family Medicineby Gerald Kayingo, Deborah Opacic and Mary Allias Springer Publishing Company
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 356 pages
- AU$64.00 NZ$66.96
The first pocket-size resource to guide PA students through their family medicine rotation
Prepare for and thrive during your clinical rotations with the quick-access pocket guide series, The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year. The Family Medicine edition of this 7-volume series delineates the exact duties required in this specialty.
Written by experienced PA educators, this guide details the clinical approach to common presentations such as abdominal pain, headache and fatigue. It also provides a systems-based approach to more than 70 of the most frequently encountered disease entities you will see in this rotation, including diabetes, anxiety, and coronary artery disease.
Distinguished by brief, bulleted content with handy tables and figures, the reference offers all pertinent laboratory and imaging studies needed to confirm a diagnosis, with medication and management guidelines. This guide also describes the most common procedures you will learn during the family medicine rotation, including incision and drainage, joint injections, and skin biopsies.
- Provides a pocket-size overview of the PA family medicine rotation
- Describes common clinical presentations, disease entities, and procedures
- Offers a step-by-step approach to diagnosis and treatment planning
- Offers clinical pearls throughout
- Reflects the 2019 NCCPA PANCE blueprint
- Includes two bonus digital chapters! Three guided case studies to reinforce clinical reasoning plus 25 rotation exam-style questions with remediating rationales
Other books in this series:
The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year:
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Behavioral Health