Human Resource Management in Context: Insights, Strategy and Solutions 4edby David Farnham CIPD - Kogan Page
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 484 pages
- AU$127.00 NZ$132.17
Product Status: Out of stock. Not available to order.
Understand the concepts and theories relevant to studying the internal and external contexts of HRM and the issues they raise with this textbook.
- Section - ONE: Introducing Human Resource Management, Organisation and Management;
- Chapter - 01: Human Resource Management and its External Contexts;
- Chapter - 02: Contemporary Organisations and their Internal Contexts;
- Chapter - 03: The Managerial and Business Contexts of Organisations;
- Section - TWO: Strategy Formulation and Implementation;
- Chapter - 04: Developing Corporate Strategies;
- Chapter - 05: Developing Human Resource Strategies;
- Section - THREE: The External Contexts of Human Resource Management;
- Chapter - 06: Markets and the Competitive Context;
- Chapter - 07: Globalisation and International Factors;
- Chapter - 08: Demographic and Social Trends;
- Chapter - 09: The Technological Context;
- Chapter - 10: Government Policy and Legal Regulation
"This book clearly, yet comprehensively, gives the reader a critical understanding of the major internal and external environmental contexts within which HRM operates. It should be core reading for anyone studying or practising HRM."
David Farnham, Chartered Fellow of the CIPD, is an emeritus professor at the University of Portsmouth and visiting professor at the University of Greenwich, UK. He has been a visiting professor at the University of East London, a visiting senior research fellow at the University of South Wales and a visiting senior research fellow at the Catholic University Leuven. He is Chief Examiner for the CIPD and a member of the advisory board of the Personnel Policies Study Group of the European Group of Public Administration, Brussels.