Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Managementby Stephen Taylor CIPD - Kogan Page
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 336 pages
- AU$119.00 NZ$123.48
Product Status: Out of stock. Not available to order.
Develop a full understanding of the issues surrounding managing people with this broad-ranging and interactive textbook.
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Chapter - 01: Competition and Choice;
- Chapter - 02: People and Skills;
- Chapter - 03: Regulation and Public Policy;
- Chapter - 04: Social Trends;
- Chapter - 05: Flexibility and Change;
- Chapter - 06: Competing for People;
- Chapter - 07: Managing Expectations;
- Chapter - 08: Engaging People;
- Chapter - 09: Managing Knowledge and Learning;
- Chapter - 10: Managing an International Workforce;
- Chapter - 11: Managing Ethically;
- Chapter - 12: Developing HR Strategies;
- Chapter - 13: Managing the HR Function
"This text fills the gap in the UG and PG market. The coverage is comprehensive and the two-part format and the chapters within them offer students a clear structure to both follow and 'dip into' for workshop/assignment purposes etc"
Stephen Taylor is a Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management at the University of Exeter Business School and a Chief Examiner for the CIPD. Before his academic career he worked in a variety of management roles in the hotel industry and in the NHS. He is also a widely published author, having co-authored Armstrong's Handbook of Resource Management Practice, also published by Kogan Page.